1st Generation Biofuels
MicroBioGen is proudly partnered with Novozymes in the improved production of 1st generation bioethanol. Our highly advanced, robust yeast platform technology has been employed since early 2015, significantly improving the ethanol yields of many bioethanol plants in the Americas.
Through our successful collaboration with Novozymes, we have been able to overcome major challenges faced by starch ethanol plants around the world. For example, our yeast demonstrates stress tolerance at a level the industry has never seen before, while still accomplishing higher ethanol yields. Even while facing multiple stressors, such as accumulating organic acids, high ethanol concentrations and soaring temperatures ranging up to 40°C, our yeast perform exceptionally well.
Our success story does not end here, however. We are continually improving our yeast technology, tailoring it to newly arising challenges, thus bringing endless possibilities to more ethanol plants to maximise their efficiency and sustainability into the future.
The Novozymes Innova suite of products is built on the MicroBioGen yeast platform. For more information, please visit our partner Novozymes. The following excerpts are from Novozymes’ website:
- Innova® Drive is a genetically modified yeast designed for fast fermentations and higher solids. It provides superior robustness to organic acids and temperature stress. Innova® Drive produces moderate levels of a superior glucoamylase. This has double the debranching activity of other yeasts on the market.
- Innova® Lift responds to ethanol producers looking for greater stress tolerance and better yields.
- Innova® Force is a genetically modified yeast designed for mid to long fermentations. It expresses multiple enzymes for the greatest debranching and starch conversion. Innova® Force is the most reliable yeast on the market. It can handle multiple production stressors to help maintain consistency in your operation.
- Innova® Fit is the most advanced non-GM yeast in the ethanol industry. It can increase ethanol yields by up to 2% compared to other non-GM yeasts. Innova® Fit can ferment up to 36% dry solids and is extremely temperature tolerant.
- Innova® Element is a genetically modified yeast designed for fermentation processes between 54 and 65 hours. It delivers industry-leading yields and robustness so you can confidently run your plant. Innova® Element produces a high-quality GA with advanced de-branching activity and a fungal alpha-amylase to deliver the lowest residual starch.
- Innova® Quantum is a genetically modified yeast strain designed for fermentation processes greater than 60 hours. It finishes clean at 0.1% w/v glucose, even under the most challenging conditions so you can confidently run your plant and achieve the highest ethanol titers. Innova® Quantum produces high-quality GA with advanced de-branching activity and a fungal alpha-amylase to deliver the lowest residual starch.
- Innova® Apex is a genetically modified yeast designed with flexibility to withstand fermentation stress with ethanol high yields . Innova® Apex powers through organic acid and temperature stress while reducing glycerol, taking production and consistency to new levels.
- Innova® Turbo is a genetically modified yeast specifically designed for the industry’s fastest fermentations – built for speed, higher ethanol yield, and increased efficiency by fermenting higher solids. With Innova® robustness, Turbo thrives in high ethanol titers, powering through organic acid and temperature stress, while reducing glycerol.