An ever-expanding human population requires not just more energy, but more efficiently produced food and feed. MicroBioGen is developing Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast strains that allow the production of single cell protein from low value substrates and waste streams.
Key features of our yeast strains may include any combination of the following:
- High bioavailable protein (compared to DDGS and soy meal)
- Super instability phenotype (easy to deactivate)
- Superior amino acid profile
- Super acid resistance (e.g. survival at a pH of 1 in the animal gut)
- Multi-enzyme expressing (e.g. phytase)
- Able to grow on non-sugars at industrial rates (cheaper to produce compared to fish meal)
- Low nutrient requirement phenotype (cheaper to produce compared to fish meal)
Available for collaboration, with or without GM constructs incorporated into the program.